Why should you invest in custom portraiture?

Friday, December 4, 2009

My Red Head | Murfreesboro Children's Photography { frogs and faeries }

Oh, my sweet little man. Words cannot begin to describe how much I adore this kiddo. I can't believe that my Jakey will be two in just a couple months. Time has flown by since he entered our lives.

Jake is such a bright spot in all of our lives. He is quite possibly one of the happiest children I have ever met. There just isn't that much that ticks him off (well, as long as you don't include when his sister steals his Bear Bear). He is content with just about everything that comes his way.

Jake is FUN. FUN. FUN. He is already a little comedian - doing things all day long just to make us laugh at him. We're certain that he is going to be the class clown that somehow manages to escape all trouble b/c he's just so darn cute.

He is a lover. I firmly believe that he is going to make a great husband one day! Nothing warms my heart more than when he comes up to me and grabs a hold of my leg and gives me a squeeze. Ok, well, maybe when I'm holding him, and he absentmindedly starts patting my back. He loves to kiss in any form - making it "pop" on the lips, blowing kisses, or "mokimo" (eskimo) kisses.

I'm also quite sure that he is going to be a politician one day. We can't go anywhere without Jake making at least a few new friends. It never fails that when we leave restaurants, Jake has to tell each table that we pass "Bye" and either wave or blow them a kiss.

He loves to "fix it". I'm not sure my husband has any tools left in his tool box. Handy Manny is Jake's current hero.

He is a dream to photograph and has always been (unlike his sister!). Typically, two year olds are a HARD age to photograph, then throw in the fact that his MOM is the photographer, and it could have been messy. But, nope, not my Jakey! He was awesome!

He is my little man, and I love him dearly. We all do.

jake10

jake16

Jake9

Look at the height his Daddy got! Wow!
Jake8

Like most moms, I tend to stay behind the camera. Things were going so well this day, that I decided to set up some shots and have my hubby snap a few of me and Jake. I am so, so glad that I did. While not technically perfect, I am in love with these photos!

Not quite as much air as Daddy, but look at that face! (notice the other rugrat in the background!)
jake11

jake12

jake14

Now, remember that I didn't head out of the house with the intention of getting behind the camera. Hence the absence of make-up! But I love this one so much - both of my kids smiling! What??
jake15

9 comments:

Callie Smith said...

These are great Heather! And you are gorgeous without any makeup on! I love your little family!

Tracy said...

WOW!!! All of the photos are perfect! I just love you and your family. I need that pic of you and the kids for my new house :). Also, you are beautiful with or without makeup. Keep of the great work!!!

Joy said...

WOW both kids looking at the camera and both have a non cheesy smile that is Amazing:)

he is a darling, love love the first one!

Anonymous said...

What a Gorgeous Family!! We love you all!

The Durham Family

Anonymous said...

Your little guy is precious and I adore these pics. I know those pics with your kids are sooooo special. They are so hard to get. Love the location too!
Leila

Anonymous said...

These pictures are great. Please order us some for Dud Dud and MiMi. We love those babies so much. We want one of all of them.
MiMi

Anonymous said...

Heather- I love the first one!!! the second & well all of them!!!
krystal

Anonymous said...

Yay! so glad you put these up here. You should let me take a picture with ALL of you in it :)

Mary Lauren

Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures. They are all great. Make me an 8 x 10 of them when you have time. Love, Mom

Post a Comment