Why should you invest in custom portraiture?

Friday, November 7, 2008

Pricing Updates on the Website!

After getting feedback from several of my most devoted clients, I have implemented a few changes in my collection pricing. Coffee table books have been replaced with proof books or an additional print credit. This allowed me to lower collection prices a bit! Great, right? So, go, go, go check it out!

A big thanks to all of you that have given me feedback on my new website. I really appreciate seeing things from my clients' perspectives!

On a personal note, I want everyone know how much I appreciate your business. I also understand that some of you may no longer be clients of Frogs and Faeries. I thank you for the business you have given me and hope that you will keep me in mind as a possible photographer in the future.

I have sat and thought long and hard over what to do with my business. Many of you may not know, but custom photography involves much more than just your session. From the beginning to end of my involvement with each client, I invest 10-15 hours on each session. This includes pre-session consultation, travel time, session, blog preview, hand proofing each image, gallery hosting, processing and ordering, packaging, etc. I have been working upwards of 70+ hours a week with anywhere from 8 - 10 sessions each week. Many nights, I stay up to 2 or 3 in the morning working. I have lost many precious hours with my children because of my long hours. With the majority of you having young children yourselves, I know you can appreciate this. I do feel that photography is my true calling in life, but for me to continue doing this, it must be beneficial for my family. When creating my professional pricing guide, I formulated it in the hopes that there was something there for everyone with the option to purchase a la carte or through collections.

Again, thank you all for your understanding,

Heather

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather, I just wanted to thank you for being such a wonderful photographer and friend.

Love Ya, Denise Durham

Post a Comment