Why should you invest in custom portraiture?

Friday, October 23, 2009

One of my Own | Murfreesboro Children's Photography { frogs and faeries }

I frequently get requests for more pictures of my own babies on here, but sadly, I don't have a whole lot of time to devote to photographing my own children. Sad, I know, but what's that saying about the cobbler's children having holes in their shoes (or something like that!)? I do a pretty good job of taking the kiddos out for quick sessions every few months, but then the files just sit in the computer hoping that I'll find time to edit them! :) I got a few free minutes today, so I decided to devote them to pictures I took of B a couple months ago.

I bought this dress for her last year (!) with the hopes of doing a session like this, but just never found the time before it got too cold. Luckily, she's a little shrimp, so the dress still fit this year. Originally, I had envisioned her in a golden field with an old suitcase (which I'd still like to accomplish), but we were running late, and tried this location instead. I'm super, super happy with them.

I know I'm biased, but she is GORGEOUS to me. I just love this girl so much. Looking at these images reminds me of how lucky I am that God gave her to me. Out of all the mommies in the world, he picked me. Thank you.

B is such a sweet soul. Very compassionate and caring for both other people and animals. Loves cats and dogs. She hates to see her brother cry. She is very laid back and mellow. She's happy to just sit on the couch as long as she is melded into my side. She loves to spend time "with just you, Mama." She's going to marry either her Daddy or her Uncle John when she grows up. She has a very passive spirit that at times I find heartbreaking.

I love you, B.

Brooklyn6

Brooklyn5

Brooklyn4

Brooklyn3

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are soo cute and she is gorgeous! I love the one of her hugging the post! Megan

Anonymous said...

You are so telling my story! I only managed to edit about 10 of my kids from May and the rest still sit in a folder. I guess it is almost time to do their next 6 month session. Sigh. She is gorgeous, you may be biased, but as an outsider I whole heartedly agree. That first one is perfection!!! They are all great but I really love her eyes and the colors in that one.
Leila

marathonmommy said...

The post, the images, the girl...all moved me to tears. Loved it, Heather. Love the first one...it pricked my soul.

Elizabeth said...

Heather, she is gorgeous!! And she looks just like you. Beautiful pictures!

Gabensysmom said...

Saw these on flickr, but had to comment here...she's absolutely breathtaking :)

Julie said...

These are AWESOME!! She is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! Thanks so much for today...had a GREAT time and think everyone else did as well!

Amanda Parks said...

Heather she is just amazingly beautiful.. takes my breath away.. i know you could not be prouder.. now about that marrying her Uncle John thing.. haha.. just kidding, he loves her so dearly.. precious

Summer said...

Beautiful Heather!

Anonymous said...

She is breathtakingly beautiful.

Sara Vick

Anonymous said...

SOOOO PRETTY!!!!!

-Jaclyn Richards

Post a Comment