Why should you invest in custom portraiture?

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Fam

I decided to take my family to the park this afternoon for some family pics. I was hoping to get a good family pic for grandparents for Christmas, and since this is one of the few days I have off in the next month or so, we hopped in the car and headed to the park. I set up the tripod and set the camera on self-timer. And ran. And ran. And ran. Until a sweet lady named Julie offered to hit the button so I wouldn't have to run anymore. Thanks Julie! To make a long story short, it's just too hard to get a good family pic by yourself. I want those great candid shots that really capture the essence of my family that I just can't get with a tripod. So - I've asked for a professional family photo session for Christmas. :) :) Now I just have to find the photographer!


Here we are in all of our glory! This is the best one, and I'm just not too happy with it. It's ok, but nothing spectacular. I should have posed us better. And to think I was hoping to get a canvas worthy shot to go over the fireplace! Maybe I'll try one more time . . .
IMG_2434

My oldest, Brooklyn. She is the hardest thing EVER to photograph! She definitely didn't get her reward of splashing in the creek in her beloved rain boots.
IMG_2474
I cannot tell you how much work it took to get this natural smile!
IMG_2472

Now, my baby, who is a jem to photograph. But I'm sure in a few months things will change! Look at that dimple!
IMG_2446

I love this one! Look at his sweet little hands!
IMG_2449

Ok, I decided to add one more. I changed my profile picture, but it's a tad small, so in case you're wondering what I look like, here I am! Wanna know something funny? I totally airbrushed myself in photoshop! I'm only 27 and have wrinkles starting! ;)
IMG_2509

9 comments:

marathonmommy said...

awwww. your family is beautiful! The kids look amazing and that boy is getting to be a little man! I'm still getting used to your pretty brown hair! Your pics are amazing as usual.

Joy said...

Seriously girl how could you get upset with that little face? :) but trust me I feel your pain on the natural smile!

I wish I knew a great photographer to refer you too, oh that's right I do, but like you said it is hard to take pictures of yourself!

Anonymous said...

Heather you looked beautiful and you have an adorable family.I'm loven the color of your hair, it really looks nice on you!!

Denise

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. Such a beautiful family, wonder who they belong to???

Michelle said...

I think they turned out really good. We have another friend who does pictures up in Nashville. She is on my blog Kathy Southern. She does good photos also or atleast the ones I have seen.

Anonymous said...

I think they look great! Anytime you want me to go with and "snap" the pcture for you, just let me know.

Heather Latimer said...

Callie, I will totally take you (or anyone else!) up on that! What are you doing next Thursday? Or this Sunday afternoon? I'm desperate to get a canvas of my own family!

Elizabeth said...

I should have scrolled down earlier. The family pic is great! Your family is adorable! Brooklyn is beautiful and little Jake is way too cute.
Again, I love your hair. You make me want to go dark.

Jeff Hughes said...

Heather - I don't care to take a snap for ya either. Since I'm still learning all of this. ;) Can't wait to see the pictures - the 'sneak' preview proofs were great!! :O)

Post a Comment